Looking to save space in your apartment? Crates are a great option that can be used as a decorative element or stored away in a closet to hold your items.
Ten ways to create some space with crates include:
- Create more space in your bedroom by placing crates underneath your bed filled with seasonal clothes or shoes you aren’t currently wearing. Store bulky items like sweaters and sweatshirts.
- Use crates in your entryway for extra storage of pet products like toys, lint rollers and treats. Get one with a lid so your pet can’t climb in!
- Put crates in your bathroom to save space and keep your beauty products or towels within easy reach. Try combining them with a shelving unit for an extra decorative element.
- Cookbooks and kitchen utensils that take up essential space on your kitchen counters are perfect items to put away in a cute cooking-themed crate.
- Use a large crate with a lid as a coffee table that also doubles as storage for extra blankets or pillows. Try one in a fun color or a nice fabric like leather to draw attention to your unique coffee table.
- Crates in your dining area can store wine bottles or glasses to save space. Tuck them in a corner, or put on display on a table or n a shelving unit.
- Buy a decorative crate that can also be used as a nightstand in your bedroom to store books. Flip it on it’s side to create a place to store your books while leaving the top available for your phone, clock and other bedroom necessities.
- Crates in your living room are perfect for storing DVDs or games underneath your TV to reduce clutter.
- Store paper products in crates to organize your linen closet and create more shelf space. You could also try this in a craft or kids room!
- Use crates to store seasonal items like holiday decorations, scarves and hats that you can easily tuck away in a closet.
How do you use crates in your apartment?