Having your best friend or family members visit can be a fun break from your everyday routine. To make your guests feel welcome in your home we have five easy tips to ensure both you and your guests are comfortable.
- Make things easy to find. Make sure your guests feel comfortable in your apartment by setting out extra towels, set aside extra rolls of toilet paper and put a few snacks on the counter. Your guests will appreciate the extra effort to make them feel welcome in your home, and they’ll have an easier time settling in knowing where the essentials are located.
- Provide extra toiletries. Whether your guests are staying for a night or an extended period of time it’s nice to provide some extra toiletries (such as toothpaste, shampoo, lotion, and soap) just in case they forgot something or need something extra.
- Clear some closet or drawer space. Provide your guests some extra space in your closet, or a spare drawer, so they have the luxury of not living out of a suitcase. Your guests will appreciate having the ability to hang some of their clothing and prevent a wrinkled outfit.
- Have something planned for your guests. If your guests aren’t familiar with your city, it’s fun to have a few things planned for them to see and do. Suggest a few ideas that your guests might enjoy such as a trip to the museum, dining at your favorite restaurant, or an afternoon shopping. Even if your guests are familiar with the city you live in it’s fun to show them around as a local to experience your favorite hangouts.
- Have extra food and drinks on hand. Make sure you have a few extra snacks and drinks available for your guests so they feel comfortable in your apartment. You could also bake something easy (such as brownies or cookies) to leave out on the counter and make your guests feel at home.
Having overnight guests in your home is a great way to spend quality time with your friends or family, and with these easy tips it’s not a daunting task to make both you and your guests feel comfortable.